Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Installation & Upgrade / help installing In Portal (step user and password not work) / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

help installing In Portal (step user and password not work) (8)

Posted: 09/17/2012 3:04:24 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello and thank you in advance for your help.

I installed xampp in port on a server (localhost)
I followed all the steps in the installation guide, but encountered a problem leading to failure to complete the installation:
- After setting the password, the next step asks me a username and password.
- I tried to 'root' (without the quotes) and password previously placed and checked the check system, but useless.
From this step can not proceed to the next.

that would be the solution?

Posted: 09/17/2012 3:13:30 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

Please indicate:

1. which In-Portal version + modules you are installing.
2. your PHP and MySQL versions

Screenshot should be good (if possible). You can email it to support@intechnic.com

Thanks.

Posted: 09/18/2012 2:21:20 AM

Reply Quoted  

We had this bug in In-Portal, that was fixed in In-Portal 5.1.3 version, that would always ask user to relogin after entering their root password.

Since you're doing clean install anyway, then I see no obstacle to install latest In-Portal 5.2.0 version instead.

Posted: 09/18/2012 5:57:14 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello all,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Server version: XAMPP 1.8.0, including:
Apache 2.4.2
MySQL 5.5.25a
PhP 5.4.4
PhPMyAdmin version is: 3.5.2
1. I uninstalled xampp server (localhost) and then I reinstalled
2. I deleted the database (inportal) and user
3. I deleted all inportal files from C:/xampp/htdocs/ inportal
4. I created a new database (for inportal) with user and password
5. I copied the unzipped(inportal) files into C:/xampp/htdocs/ inportal

After I choose a password for inportal, the next step can not pass:

I tried "root" (without quotes) and previously chosen password but nothing:

Username or password missing.

Posted: 09/18/2012 12:54:32 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

Please try PHP 5.3 (you can use latest version of it) and not PHP 5.4 with In-Portal 5.2.0 since there might be compatibility issues. We are working on In-Portal 5.2.1 to make sure it's fully compatible with PHP 5.4

Thanks.

Posted: 09/18/2012 3:13:51 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:09/18/2012 12:54:32 PM
Hello,

Please try PHP 5.3 (you can use latest version of it) and not PHP 5.4 with In-Portal 5.2.0 since there might be compatibility issues. We are working on In-Portal 5.2.1 to make sure it's fully compatible with PHP 5.4

Thanks.

[B]Hello Dmitry,[/B]

I did exactly as you wrote the forum. I installed another inferior version of PHP (Version 5.3.5), I deleted and then I made a new database user and password.
Everything went well until step 1.8.
In step 2 (Installation Maintenance) in username field I added root and in the password field, I added the password required to step 1.6

Under these fields appears:

Incorrect Username or Password. If you do not know your username or password, contact Intechnic Support

Posted: 04/23/2013 1:55:53 AM

Reply Quoted  

Apache Version : 2.2.11
PHP Version : 5.3.0
In-Portal version: 5.2.0

I'm using wamp server as a container for php, mysql and apache. I am trying to install In-Portal in my local computer but fails. I set the root password at step 6 and the installation jumps Step 7 [Modules Installation] and goes directly to Step 8 [Basic Configuration]. From here, the installation is taking me to Installation Maintenance and is asking to provide the username and password. I provided root as the username and password as the value set in Step 6. It is here where the installation fails. Whatever value I provide to the username/password fields, I am getting 'Incorrect username / password! If you don't know your username or password, contact Intechnic Support' message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 03/15/2015 12:13:12 AM

Reply Quoted  

I got the same problem today. In my experience, reset the password in PHPMyAdmin will work. But I don't know how to reset the password. Can somebody help? The problem may not be related with PHP version. I installed the latest XAMPP server.